Guidelines & Criteria
To seek out Delhi & District youth through a monetary award of a $1,000.00 scholarship as well as an apprenticeship. Our goal is to encourage local businesses to support apprenticeship programs and keep students in the area.
Criteria For Delhi & District Chamber of Commerce Scholarship
- Geographic Boundaries – focus will be secondary students living in the area covered by the Delhi & District Chamber of Commerce
- Field of Interest – proof of continuing education to College, Trade School or University
- Agreeable to Apprenticeship agreement
- Intent in staying in the community
To be considered for a scholarship, all applicants must submit a completed application form found on the Chamber website or received through their school, inclusive of the following documents:
- Resume including 3 references who are not a family member, preferably teacher.
- Proof of secondary school enrollment
Application Guidelines for Scholarship
- Applications delivered to each high school along with Guidelines & Criteria
- Deadline – deadline June 1st
- DDCC Scholarship Application Evaluation Committee decision
- Only complete applications with all required supporting documentation will be considered.
- You may also submit a brief video along with application explaining your plans to stay in the community and why the Chamber should select you.
Selection Process for Scholarship
- All completed applications accompanied by a resume will be reviewed by the Scholarship Application Evaluation Committee to ensure that every applicant receives full consideration.
- Applicants will be scored using a points system based on the quality of the content provided and possible match with DDCC eligibility preferences. The committee also will assess students based on previous experience and the alignment of a candidate’s coursework with approved programs of study, or programs pertinent to the skilled trade being available each year
- All decisions by the Scholarship Application Evaluation Committee are final and any attempts by applicants to lobby or persuade the committee during the process will result in immediate disqualification.
- Scholarships will be awarded in a manner that matches monetary award amount with the best qualified candidate who meet all the requisite criteria.
Award Guidelines for Scholarships
- Proof of enrollment in apprenticeship or program of study
- In agreement with apprenticeship
- Notice of Scholarship Award
- Initial notice to Scholarship finalists will be sent via email to the address provided on the application.
- DDCC will ask for final enrollment verification and signature of promotional release. The scholarship is not officially awarded until finalists return the required documents.
- Final notice of awarded scholarships will be sent to each finalist via email, and postal mail, where possible, after verification is complete.
Applicants who are awarded a scholarship will have 90 days from the date of notification to submit proof of enrollment. If documentation is not submitted before the deadline, the scholarship offer will be withdrawn. Exceptions to this policy will be considered on a case by case basis if extenuating circumstances are demonstrated.
The Scholarship payment will be made by cheque and payable to the student.
- Additional Considerations
DDCC reserves the right to discontinue or modify the scholarship program, or any component thereof, and to revise any or all of the Scholarship requirements, processes, or eligibility criteria at any time.
Click below for Application Form