Delhi & District Chamber of Commerce
Connecting and growing businesses together
The Delhi & District Chamber of Commerce is pleased to invite you to the Ward 2 Candidates Night. Ward 2 is part of the area that the Delhi Chamber of Commerce covers. We have organized previous candidate nights for the Municipal and Federal elections and have a solid agenda that has worked quote well
Here are the details:
Date: Wednesday, May 5, 2021
Time: 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Location: Courtland Community Centre
- Meeting will be held virtually.
- All candidates will be seated at the Community Centre and we will ensure social distancing.
- 3-4 members of the Delhi & District Chamber of Commerce will also be in attendance and will be responsible for moderating, timing, and the compiling of questions received from the public
- In addition, a camera man will also be attendance
- Candidates will be asked to draw a number to determine the order for initial opening comments
- To start the evening, each candidate will be given 5 minutes for an opening speech
- After the opening speeches, the candidates will be asked questions by the moderator based on questions submitted by the citizens of Ward 2
- Question and Answer Guidelines
- Candidates will be provided 2 minutes to respond to a question
- Submitted questions from the public can either be directed to all candidates or to specific candidates based on the senders request
- Note: citizens will be asked to enrol on Eventbrite so we are able to contact them should changes occur. Also, citizens will be able to submit questions when they enrol or can submit questions during the night of May 5th to a provided Delhi Chamber e-mail address
- The Delhi & District Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to review submitted questions and decide on the questions to be asked. Questions, containing personal accusations, vulgar language etc., will not be tolerated.
- If several questions are received regarding a specific concern, the Delhi & District Chamber of Commerce will collate and prepare one question
- Candidates are reminded that the goal of the evening is to help citizens understand the issues and how each candidate will approach those issues
- It goes without saying, that all candidates will respect each other. The meeting will be stopped for any signs of disrespect
- At 8:40 p.m.(or earlier if there are no further questions) the question and answer period will end. Candidates will be given 5 minutes each to wrap up the evening and to reiterate their platform
- The evening will conclude with remarks from the Delhi & District Chamber of Commerce
We will continue to update you with any changes that may occur between now and May 5th. Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact me by e-mail email@example.com.
TO REGISTER FOR FREE TICKETS FOLLOW LINK TO EVENTBRITE AT:
Local Business Steps up for Coronavirus Front Line Workers
CLEARSTREAM FILTERS INC is MANUFACTURING FACE MASKS!
Located in Delhi, ON, Clearstream Filters Inc. manufactures liquid filtration bags and equipment for a number of industries. The raw material these filter bags are made from is very similar to the material used for 3 ply disposable masks and isolation gowns. This made it a natural decision to add these PPE products to our manufacturing line at the onset of the pandemic. As a small family owned business Clearstream is proud to offer local businesses and community the opportunity to obtain locally manufactured PPE.
Clearstream gowns are made of hydrophobic polypropylene. This SMS material combines spunbonded and meltblown which provides exceptional protection. Gowns are ultrasonically welded with no sewing. The inside layer of our 3 ply masks is electrocharged melt blown polypropylene. This enables the mask to filter submicron particulate. To our knowledge none of the non-medical class masks offer this layer of charged material. All of our PPE is manufactured at our facility in Delhi, ON, Canada.”
Click on the link below for more information:
Delhi & District Chamber of Commerce announces - 2020 Citizen of the Year and the 2020 Junior Citizen of the Year
June 26, 2020 -The Delhi and District Chamber o Commerce is pleased to announce the following:
John McMahon is the 2020 Citizen of the Year
Amberlee Morgan is the 2020 Junior Citizen of the Year
Full details regarding their accomplishments can be found on our Citizens and Businesses of the Year page on this website
HELP NORFARMS - Thanks to our farmers and our many sponsors
HELP NORFARMS project launches May5, 2020
The Delhi & District Chamber of Commerce and Wilkinson’s Independent grocery store are pleased to announce the launch of the HELP NORFARMS project which will provide Norfolk County farmers with an opportunity to obtain food to feed their offshore workers. The aim of the program is to reduce the spread of COVID -19 and to help with maintaining the food supply. For more information see our HELP NORFARMS webpage HELP NORFARMS INFO
Coronavirus COVID -19
Thanks to our Essential Workers!!!
On behalf of the Delhi & District Chamber of Commerce a big thank you to all essential workers. You give unselfishly while putting your own safety and the safety of those close to you at risk. Your support for the community is truly appreciated. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts. You are an inspiration to all of us. Stay safe
Events & Ticket Information
16th Annual Delhi & District Chamber of Commerce Trivia Night –CANCELLED
Delhi & District Chamber of Commerce Gala –CANCELLED
Business After 5 -Vanden Bussche Irrigation CANCELLED
About the Chamber
We are a non-profit organization made up of local member businesses, professionals, service groups and individuals. The Chamber works together to ensure a healthy economic base that benefits the entire community.